3.27.2004

I Have to Write This Before I Decide to Forget It.

Collin, my friend. You are a fool. You went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind last week. You told me it was great. What the hell were you thinking!? Why haven't you written about this piece of work yet?? This is quite probably the single most brilliant film I have ever seen - the guys I saw it with agree, brilliant is the only word that can describe it.

Seriously, though. If you haven't seen writer Charlie Kaufman's third masterpiece (Being John Malcovic, Adaptation.), do it, now. Drop what you're doing, whatever it is, and go see it. Right now, I can see this winning Best Original Screenplay, Best Film, Best Director, and Best Editing at next year's Peters, and I wouldn't rule out a nomination for Best Visual Effects, either.

The attention to detail (watch Clementine's roots throughout and just try to look for a flaw), the brilliant writing, and the utterly non-contrived ending...I mean just wow. I'm asking how many Golden Globes this could win next year - let's start the bidding at 9, shall we?

Jim Carrey, Kate Winslett, and Elijah Wood (at full height, no less)....all brilliant.

Why are you still reading this? Go watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home