6.27.2006

Monster Ballads for the new generation!

Yes, that title is a bit sarcastically happy. I never got into the hair bands thing - I wasn't born until the end of 1983 after all - so I guess I never fully appreciated the whole monster ballad thing. However, the time has come. My generation has finally grown up. The music we grew up with now has its own ballad CD. That's right, the era of the Buzz Ballad has arrived. I don't know whether to be happy or scared. In my own mind, obviously, the music of Tonic and Third Eye Blind and Oasis (and Everlast, and Sublime, and Bush) is beyond comparison with Twisted Sister or Damn Yankees or Mr. Big. But I'll be the first to say that Lifehouse and Fuel and especially Hole lasted a little longer than they should have. Oh well. Every generation goes through this. After just glancing at the track list for a sec, there is one very obvious omission from the buzz ballad 2-CD set: Drive, by Incubus. How're you gonna forget Incubus like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home